The BMW map update USB process is effortless and straightforward. It may take about 5–30 minutes depending on when your last update was carried out.
BMW recommends performing a BMW navigation system map update at least once a year. For anybody who drives a lot, though, it’s better to get new information every three to six months.
Our latest USB navigation map updates include a Lifetime Map Subscription (FREE future map update download subscription). This update is supported by all BMW series equipped with PREMIUM, NEXT, ROUTE and EVO navigation systems from model year 2009 to 2022.
The update contains coverage for all of North America including Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. More than 75,000 miles of updated roads and millions of updated POIs including: Shopping Centers, Grocery Stores, Hotels & Restaurants, Banks & ATMs, Gas & Charging Stations, the nearest BMW Centers.
After purchase, we will send you an email with the download link, FSC release activation code and the INSTRUCTIONS GUIDE on how to extract the files to a USB drive and install the update. Depending on your computer's speed and internet service, the download and extraction process typically takes one hour.
NOT JUST THE NEWEST ROUTES
When you regularly refresh your BMW navigation, your map shows you:
• New roads opened or existing ones closed
• Time-saving detours for your usual rides
• Intuitive management like a smartphone
• Possibility to enter the destination via free search
• Fast route recalculation in case of changes in the traffic situation
• Precise calculation of the estimated time of arrival
• Warning of dangers on the route to avoid the risk of accidents on the route
• Proactive suggestions based on learned routes - useful for commuters
• Adaptive thematic maps on everything you need at certain times
• Augmented View in the central Control Display for turning
• Almost 300 000 new points of interest added each year
• Current speed limit information (for cars with speed limit/cameras retrofit)
They say time is money, so finding your way around as quickly as possible should be a priority. And keeping your BMW and MINI maps up-to-date ensures you'll always know the best and fastest routes to get to your destination.
Due to this flexibility, our LIFETIME map updates are sent out automatically. You will not need to contact us with your order number and VIN informing us that it’s time for a new BMW navigation update. When a new map is released, we will send a notification by email including a download link where you can download the latest map version — you will need to transfer the downloaded file to a USB stick before updating your vehicle.
HOW TO UPDATE
In vehicles that require manually updating your navigation's map data, the process is simple and no BMW coding software or programming is required. The map data is loaded to a USB flash drive (32GB for PREMIUM / 64GB for NEXT) which can be plugged in to the USB port in your BMW's glove compartment (in older vehicles with the CIC iDrive system) or arm rest (in newer vehicles).
The system will automatically detect that there is a new map version available to install on the iDrive. You'll be prompted to enter a BMW-issued FSC activation code with your iDrive controller to begin installation. Everything is done through the USB port, meaning you won't need to use any BMW coding software.